NHVR Industry Update – New Publications and a Reduction in Paperwork.
What do you need to carry in the cab?
The cabin of your truck doesn’t need to be a filing cabinet. Overall and over time, the NHVR wants to minimise the paperwork and administrative burden you face in your day-to-day work.
Visit the NHVR website for two new publications that make it easier to work out what you need to carry in your vehicle. As we harmonise notices across the country, we’ll continue to cut the number of documents that need to be carried.
- Carriage and presentation of documents bulletin (PDF) provides a summary of the most common transport documents and indicates if they need to be carried or not. It also specifies what documents can be carried as an electronic copy and how they must be stored and presented.
- Notices that must be carried fact sheet (PDF) is a complete list of all the gazette notices that you must still carry. This list will be updated each time a notice is created or amended.
More transparency in roadside enforcement
Five new compliance and enforcement bulletins will help operators and drivers understand how compliance with the national law is assessed regarding vehicle access; dimension, mass and vehicle standards requirements; and carriage of documents.
Removing any confusion and mystery about how the national law is on the road, means operators can spend more time ensuring their drivers, schedulers, loaders and others in the supply chain are focussed on better http://theciviccommons.com/user/brobby-paulsen road safety.
- Heavy vehicle defects – Advice on vehicle standards and defect notice requirements, including how to clear a defect notice.
- Heavy vehicle dimension assessment – Advice on dimension requirements and information about some of the methods used to assess compliance.
- Heavy vehicle mass assessment – Advice on mass requirements and information about some of the methods used to assess compliance.
- Restricted access vehicles – Definitions of Class 1, 2 and 3 heavy vehicles, including mass and dimension limits and breaches of notices and permits.
- Carriage and presentation of documents – Advice on what documents need to be carried when operating a heavy vehicle and how they should be presented (including electronic copies) if intercepted.
All bulletins can be found at www.nhvr.gov.au/ce-bulletins
New South Wales Class 3 Grain Harvest Management Scheme Mass Exemption (Notice) 2014 (No. 1) Amendment Notice (No. 5).
This notice amends Schedule 1 of the New South Wales Class 3 Grain Harvest Management Scheme Mass Exemption (Notice) 2014 (No. 1) by adding additional councils who are participating in the scheme.
NHVR Industry Operations Group
We connect with industry every day of the week and this week we gathered together three of our key industry advisory forums.
The NHVR Oversize Overmass (OSOM) Group, Agriculture Group, and Crane Group meet regularly to highlight industry concerns and see how the NHVR can work better with these sectors. Our new compliance and enforcement bulletins are an example of the good work to come from their feedback